Heart Happenings...

Psalm 73:23-28

Yet I am always with you;
you hold me by my right hand.
You guide me with your counsel,
and afterward you will take me into glory.
Whom have I in heaven but you?
And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.
Those who are far from you will perish;
you destroy all who are unfaithful to you.
But as for me, it is good to be near God.
I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge;
I will tell of all your deeds.

This scripture above has kept coming up this week. First in our lesson last Sunday and in our ladies bible class. I love what it says and I am sure that there is something I need to learn in it. I want to feel that way all of the time.  I pray that our desire for the world and all it offers will grow less and less all of the time and our desire for loving God with an undivided heart will grow stronger every day.

I love Christmas. Not for the gifts or even for the good food, but just because we get to be with our loved ones...I can't wait for this..
Standing in front of my Daddy's fire...
 Seeing the bright, happy stockings hung on the mantle...
 Maybe seeing this? Who knows...

 Life moves on. I don't like it much. Sometimes I just wish that some things would never change.  We have been so blessed to have such quality family time around the holidays for years and years. I guess it is unrealistic to think we could always and forever enjoy the company of the same family members during the holidays. This Christmas we will be missing these two below...
 Casey Burl will be in California for the Texas bowl game during Christmas. How stinky is that? Well, probably will be fun but I know he will be missing being at home with family.
We will miss you Casey! Have fun!

Chance and demon eyed, sweet Lucy will be in attendance...I like that..
By the way, CONGRATS Chance! ACU college graduate!

Anyway, not sure where this post is going and am sure you have probably clicked off  by now.  Pretty crazy to write just random thoughts of the morning and put it out on the internet.  Nutty. 
I hope that we will be able to be with my husband's family one more time during the holidays. We are going with DaddyBob to the Aggie bowl game after Christmas. Fun times ahead.

Well, I am getting off here to get ready for our boys to arrive home in a few hours.
Today feels like Christmas day...can't wait to see them!
Blessings on your day! Amy

Comments

Wa Wa Waughs said…
What a beautiful phrase to keep close to you today!
Have a great time with those boys!!

Popular posts from this blog

Red Velvet Trifle...

Mom's Apricot Cobbler...

Camp Blue Haven-2012