Befriend Your Problems...

Good Monday morning to you!

I don't know about where you live but here in East Texas the flowers are popping out all over! Even at this early date the Azaleas are starting to bloom. It won't be long until we will be making the trek over to Tyler to see the Azalea trail. Our sweet little town also has their beautiful share of these exotic flowers.  LOVE this time of the year and the splashes of color everywhere.
By the way...
What a difference staying in the Word of God makes in my life.

Night and Day difference.

When we dwell in the Word...we see things from God's eyes and not our own.
I think that is so important because
I just don't see things right most of the time through my own eyes.
I am usually skewing things from a very selfish point of view. Yes, I like seeing the world through God's eyes much more than through mine.

Today's Jesus Calling devotional had these words of truth:

Make friends with the problems in your life.
Every problem can teach you something, transforming you little by little into the masterpiece I created you to be.  The very same problem can become a stumbling block over which you fall, if you act with distrust and defiance.

The choice is up to you,
and you will have to choose many times each day whether to trust Me or defy Me.
The best way to befriend your problems is to thank Me for them.
This simple act opens your mind to the possibility of benefits flowing from your difficulties.
I will not necessarily remove your problems,
but My wisdom is sufficient to bring good out of every one of them.

MORE inspiring words from the Daily Bible:

Ps. 47:1-2-
Clap your hands, all you nations, shout to God with cries of joy!
How awesome is the Lord most high!
The great King over all the earth!

May we all BE a blessing to the people around us today. Love, Amy

Comments

Wa Wa Waughs said…
such radical thinking - befriend our problems? That's our God!
Vickie said…
Wow. That is powerful. I love this devo today, Amy. Make friends with our problems. Hmmmm... that's hard to do! My anxiety/depression/panic attacks are trying to invade my life again and I don't want to make friends with them. My best friend's daughter has brain cancer and I don't wanna make friends with that either. Lots of other things I don't wanna make friends with either.

But I will try my best, because He is God and I can trust Him in all things.
Amy said…
Vickie, I agree, it is a strange way of putting it...thanking God for your problems. I too think that saying making friends with them is stretching it a bit but I think I need to be stretched. Perplexing to me too, but I think if we can do this we can trust Him more. Not an easy task. Maybe it will help us to not be as afraid.

Popular posts from this blog

Red Velvet Trifle...

Mom's Apricot Cobbler...

Camp Blue Haven-2012