Healthy Gluten Free Way of Life...

My title makes it sound like I am excited about this change.
I actually really am. It is exciting to just strive to get healthy.
After a blood test a few weeks ago it has been confirmed that I have Celiac disease.
I pretty much knew this was going to be the case because of the stomach problems and severe itching on my legs and arms the past month or so.
I am really writing this blog post first to share with you a wonderful, incredible person that has helped me so much health wise. Then, number two to share things we are doing differently because of the gluten problem and increasing our over all good health.

This is my friend Kathy Stevens. Two summers ago I was really sick with stomach problems and with Epstein Barr Virus. If you have had mono, it felt alot like that. I had been taking anti-viral meds for months and they were not helping. When you have mono they say you never get rid of the EBarr virus in your body. We heard from a friend about Kathy and the things she does (out of the medical box to help people) when we living in Nacogdoches, Tx.

  Kathy is a: Traditional Naturopath
Naturopathy is more than a single philosophy regarding health care. It is the philosophy and principle of living life as close to nature as possible. Naturopathy embraces breathing clean air, drinking pure water, eating fresh food that is grown in a safe, chemical-free environment, and living a lifestyle that is natural, healthy, and nurturing to the body, mind, and soul.

She is a certified Bio-Set practitioner and Bio-Set was what she used to treat my Epstein Barr problem in the beginning. BioSET desensitization — is an acupressure technique which utilizes allergen frequencies and energetics to fully clear and or reprogram the individual via the nervous and meridian system to any allergen or sensitivity. BioSET balances meridians that have been blocked by allergens which have produced a multiplicity of health symptoms that can become chronic. This natural, non-invasive, desensitization can clear most sensitivities.

BioSET benefits most digestive problems and other chronic health issues, such as;
•Type 2 diabetes;
•Attention Deficit Hypersensitivity Disorder;
•Mild Cardiovascular problems;
•Inflammation;
•Weight loss and weight maintenance;
•Skin and hair problems;
•Women's and Men's health disorders;
•Autoimmune Problems and Side Effects of Cancer therapy

After about a week I had my energy back and was feeling normal again. She used Bio-Set and homeopathic medicines. She was very strict on cleaning up my diet. She figured out from the beginning without blood tests that I had a gluten problem and put me on digestive enzymes and warned me to get off of wheat and other gluten products. She is in one word... amazing. She blessed my life and my health.  I was so sick that I question the possibility that I might not be here right now if her ideas and Bio-Set had not come into my life.

When I had been used to going to the doctor at least once a month and some months more with infections and other problems with Bio-Set and homeopathic treatment I have stayed out of the doctor office for a long time. I have to admit that I did not follow the no gluten suggestion too closely as she advised. I wish I had.  When this itching started up I figured I had better get a blood test to see what was going on. The ANA test confirmed Celiac. She was right.

Other awesome helps that she provides for people:

EFT- Emotional Freedom Technique
http://www.natureswaytowellness.com/kseft.htm
This is a life changing way of handling stress. She taught me sequences and the tapping technique by speaking words of confirmation that God is in control. Life changing way to center your focus on God and the tapping sequence takes stress out of your body.

TKM-How does it work?
TKM® is the use of basic physiological physics to help restore the correct circulation or conductivity of the electrical system in the body.
http://www.natureswaytowellness.com/kstkm.htm

So, if you are interested in healing your body through how you eat and through basic physics Kathy is your Naturalpath. You can read more about all of the things she does to help people here: http://www.natureswaytowellness.com/index.htm  
or on my sidebar link on the right side of the page, just in case my links are not working.
It is under Kathy Stevens, Nature's Way To Wellness.

Offices:  

Dallas Office
Park Forest
3530 Forest Ln, Ste 117
Dallas, TX 75234
936-564-5205

Nacogdoches Office
1531 Walnut Dr
Nacogdoches, TX 75965
936-564-5205

So...when you have a gluten problem you buy special flour like this:
 Or find yummy sweet potato snacks like this:
What I am focusing on a great deal is the healing of my stomach. There is a lot of evidence that most disease starts in your stomach or gut.  Holistic doctors suggest getting off of gluten and healing your gut by eating fermented vegetables or water kefir. Probiotics are good but it seems these two natural things are so, so much better in quantity of probiotics.  So, I am working on fermenting veggies. I have to say that I have never been a fan of veggies like this so it will take some getting used to.  Right now though, I will do anything to stay on the road of recovery and find my way to really good health starting in my stomach.
This website sells cultured vegetables and also sells the culture to make your own.
http://www.culturedvegetables.net/category.sc?categoryId=3

This also a great youtube video about how to culture vegetables:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i77hU3zR-fQ&feature=related

So, life has changed dramatically over the past year and a half  for me. I probably sound like a nutty person to you but really I am not. I am just a fifty something year old woman that has found a better way to wellness.

Thank you Kathy for showing me the way back to good health. Thank you for reminding me that we are fearfully and wonderfully made by the Creator, God.  Thank you for helping me to see that we can be well without conventional medicine most of the time.

Thank you for putting the Epstein Barr virus to sleep and for all of the other countless homeopathic, EFT, TMK sessions that have enriched my life.

Blessings friends as we walk these days and strive to live healthy and Godly lives before our Creator.
Amy

Comments

Wa Wa Waughs said…
Wow, that is really interesting. I have some friends who eat gluten free and they say it is getting easier to find products and restaurants all the time. Hopefully you find that also!
That is interesting for sure...thank God you are finding help and resources to aid you!
Praying for you as you "change" your eating habits!
I am seeing and hearing more and more about gluten free.
Elaine said…
So sorry for your diagnosis, but happy that you have found helpful resources. My husband and I are reading the book Wheat Free and I have been off wheat for over a month and can tell such a difference in how I feel. Thanks for posting this.

Popular posts from this blog

Red Velvet Trifle...

Mom's Apricot Cobbler...

Camp Blue Haven-2012