Wringing My Hands...

Jeremiah 29:13

You will seek me and find me 

when you seek me with all your heart.

When I worry I  inch my way away from God.

I have been wringing my hands lately.

Circumstances have had me sleepless and turning scary scenarios over in my head.

Friends hurt so bad they feel they might die.

Our boys are speeding miles down the road...living life adventures.

It's as it should be, but worry makes me wring my hands.

The only rest I find...is in Jesus. I wrestle with Him over things that long ago should have been buried.

How thankful I am that He is patient and loving and never leaves me.

How quickly I forget the only way to positively feed my mind is on daily dwelling with my Father.

While listening for moving of His Spirit that lives in me.

How quickly I shift other things to number one on my to do list before Him.

He tells me that I can lay my requests before Him in the morning.

With butterflies in my I stomach patiently await in anticipation.

The God of everything listens to me.

Me. The hand wringer.

I am in awe. 

How quickly my heart and mind try to take over God's job.


This God of the Universe. God- who is jealous for me.

We feed our  minds with all that the world offers- the seemingly innocent nightly t.v. watching that seems stupid, pointless, a waste of time AND Godless- but hey- it does not effect me. Hmm. 

It seems to me that what I put in my mind plays out in my life.

He promises that when I seek Him with all my heart I will find Him.

My heart beats fast when I think hard on that.

More God. Less world.

Yes.

Peace.

Psalm 29:11

The Lord gives strength to his people;
the Lord blesses his people with peace.

Father, thank You that You bless us with peace. Please bless us with feeling your presence and a great desire to dwell in your Word and imitate the life of Jesus.  Please let nothing have a place in our lives that You should hold.

Please help us not to desire the American comfortable dream.

Help us to long for more. 

I love you Lord.

Thank you for holding our boys in your strong arm of love as they speed down the roads they are on.

Bless them to never wring their hands but to know Your peace and trust completely.

Thank you that you wait on me to inch my way back to you when I take over.


Comments

Becky W said…
LOVE this!!! Something I deal with daily as well. Just love your heart and how you share it with all of us!
Wa Wa Waughs said…
Ahhh...my favorite psalm verse. Love this.

Popular posts from this blog

Red Velvet Trifle...

Mom's Apricot Cobbler...

Camp Blue Haven-2012